Wednesday 18 September 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Myers and June Rosemary Fisher.
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1929 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- June Rosemary Fisher: Teacher / trade unionist.
- Louis Myers: Blues guitarist / harmonica player.
- William Lurton: American economist and CEO in charge of Jostens, an educational software company that originally specialized in school rings and yearbooks.
- Teddi King: American singer (d. 1977).
- Nancy Littlefield: American director and producer (d. 2007).
- Hermann Gradener: Composer, dies at 85.
- Pirates loss to Braves and clinch NL pennant for the Cubs
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?