Tuesday 24 September 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 24, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Rausch and George McNicol.
Applause, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 September 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1929 ?
- Jean-Marie Rausch
- George McNicol: Principal (Aberdeen University).
- Edward M Lawson: Canadian politician.
- John Carter: American jazz clarinet, saxophone, and flute player.
- Prince Mahidol: of the Kingdom of Thailand (Born 1892).
- Lt James H Doolittle guides a Consolidated N-Y-2 Biplane over Mitchell Field in New York in 1st all-instrument flight
- Yanks Tom Zachary ends season 12-0