Tuesday 24 September 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Rausch and George McNicol.
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1929 ?
- Jean-Marie Rausch
- George McNicol: Principal (Aberdeen University).
- Edward M Lawson: Canadian politician.
- John Carter: American jazz clarinet, saxophone, and flute player.
- Prince Mahidol: of the Kingdom of Thailand (Born 1892).
- Lt James H Doolittle guides a Consolidated N-Y-2 Biplane over Mitchell Field in New York in 1st all-instrument flight
- Yanks Tom Zachary ends season 12-0
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?