Saturday 7 September 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gil Wolman and John Milford in Johnstown.
The Great Gabbo, directed by James Cruze, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1929 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Gil Wolman: Situationist.
- John Milford in Johnstown: New York, USA; actor (Lieutenant, Legend of Jesse James).
- T[homas] P[atrick] McKenna: Ireland -- Actor (Rivals, Holocaust).
- Alex Desgrez: Lapleau physician.
- Steamer Kuru capsizes and sinks on Lake Nasijarvi near Tampere in Finland. 136 lives are lost.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?