Tuesday 10 September 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arnold Palmer and Mike O'Callaghan.
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1929 ?
- Arnold Palmer: American champion golfer, businessman and TV commercial pitchman.
- Mike O'Callaghan: American politician, 23rd Governor of Nevada.
- Pentti Siimes [Pentti Kalevi Siimes]: Helsinki, Finland.
- Michel Belanger: Canadian businessman and banker (d. 1997).
- Lasha : American jazz alto saxophonist, flautist, and clarinetist.
- Michel Bélanger: Canadian businessman and banker (d. 1997).
- John Golding: English historian scholar and curator (d. 2012).
- Tommy Leonetti: American singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1979).
- Akio Yashiro: Composer.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?