Tuesday 10 September 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Akio Yashiro and Pentti Siimes [Pentti Kalevi Siimes].
The Great Divide, directed by Reginald Barker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 September 1929!
Which were the important events of 10 September 1929 ?
- Akio Yashiro: Composer.
- Pentti Siimes [Pentti Kalevi Siimes]: Helsinki, Finland.
- Michel Belanger: Canadian businessman and banker (d. 1997).
- Lasha : American jazz alto saxophonist, flautist, and clarinetist.
- Mike O'Callaghan: American politician, 23rd Governor of Nevada.
- Arnold Palmer: American champion golfer, businessman and TV commercial pitchman. Palmer won seven major championships in his distinguished career. On the PGA tour, he is called "The King" after winning 61 tournaments. He owns the Bay Hill Country Club in Orlando, FL and the Latrobe Country Club in southwestern Pennsylvania where he learned to play the game. He has appeared on television as the friendly spokesman for Cooper Tires and Pennzoil commercials. In 1998, his successful business ventures have earned hi
- Michel Bélanger: Canadian businessman and banker (d. 1997)
- John Golding: English historian scholar and curator (d. 2012)
- Tommy Leonetti: American singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1979)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 September 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?