Thursday 10 August 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kate O'Mara and Romano Prodi.
The Man They Could Not Hang, directed by Nick Grinde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1939 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Kate O'Mara: English actress (d. 2014).
- The Mighty Hannibal: Musician.
- Romano Prodi: Statesman.
- Michael Storm: Actor.
- Charles Rose: (Rep-D-North Carolina, 1973- ).
- Charlie Rose: American lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- 2nd Dutch De Geer government forms (1st with Social Democrats)