Sunday 10 June 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Maxwell and Carlo Pavesi.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1923 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Robert Maxwell: Czechoslovakian-British entrepreneur and CEO of Berlitz International, a conglomerate corporation that includes a publishing house.
- Carlo Pavesi: Italian swordsman, the winner of the Fencing Gold Medal at Melbourne Olympics in 1956 and in Rome in 1960.
- Madeleine Lebeau
- Earl Hamner Jr in Schuyler: Virginia, USA; TV narrator (The Waltons).
- Philippe Pinchemel: French geographer who received the Lauréat Prix International de Géographie Vautrin Lud in 2004.
- Paul Brunelle: Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1994).
- Pierre Loti [Julien Viaud]: French sea officer / writer.