Wednesday 2 January 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Willi Graf .
'49-'17, directed by Ruth Ann Baldwin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1918!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1918 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Willi Graf: German physician and activist (d. 1943).
- Sijbe K Bakker vicar/theologist (Christian-Socialism): dies at age 42.
- Dodgers trade Casey Stengel and Cutshaw to Pittsburgh for Grimes and Mamaux
- NHL Montreal Wanderers disband after Westmount arena burns down
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Don't Know Where I'm Going But I'm On My Way - Peerless Quartet
- Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Sailin' Away On the Henry Clay - Victor Military Band