Wednesday 11 August 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Salve Hugo Matheson and Flo Bjelke-Petersen.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 August 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1920 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Salve Hugo Matheson
- Flo Bjelke-Petersen
- Theodora Anderson: American astrologer who practiced in Santa Fe; she died of a heart ailment on March 23, 1998 at about 2:30 AM, MST.
- Mike Douglas: American entertainer and singer with the Kay Kayser band, became an MC.
- Derry Jeffares: Honorary Prof of English Studies (Stirling University).
- Chuck Rayner: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1920).
- Salve Matheson: Seattle Military man.
- William Masselos: Niagara Falls, New York -- Pianist / prof (Juilliard 1976).
- 1st peace of Riga-Soviet Union recognizes Independence of Latvia
- Bolshevik Russia recognizes independent Latvia.