Wednesday 11 August 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Salve Hugo Matheson and Flo Bjelke-Petersen.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Kindred of the Dust by Peter B. Kyne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1920!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1920 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Salve Hugo Matheson
- Flo Bjelke-Petersen
- William Masselos: Niagara Falls, New York -- Pianist / prof (Juilliard 1976).
- Theodora Anderson: American astrologer who practiced in Santa Fe; she died of a heart ailment on March 23, 1998 at about 2:30 AM, MST.
- Mike Douglas: American entertainer and singer with the Kay Kayser band, became an MC.
- Salve Matheson: Seattle Military man.
- Chuck Rayner: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1920).
- Derry Jeffares: Honorary Prof of English Studies (Stirling University).
- 1st peace of Riga-Soviet Union recognizes Independence of Latvia
- Bolshevik Russia recognizes independent Latvia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?