Thursday 11 July 1929US date format: 7/11/1929, UK date format: 11/7/1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Kelly and Chuck Rio.
The Wrecker, directed by Géza von Bolváry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1929 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- David Kelly: Movie Actor.
- Chuck Rio: Musician (d. 2006).
- Hermann Prey: German singer, a baritone, who performed in opera and light opera.
- Danny Flores: singer-songwriter and saxophonist (The Champs) (d. 2006).
- Billy Mosforth: English footballer (Born 1857).
- In Russia, a secret decree of the Sovnarkom creates the backbone of the Gulag system.
- French prime minister Raymond Poincaré resigns he is succeeded by Aristide Briand.
- The Kellogg-Briand Pact, renouncing war as an instrument of foreign policy, goes into effect (it was first signed in Paris on August 27, 1928 by most leading world powers).