Sunday 11 January 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joel Zwick and Ira Vieth.
Joan of Paris, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1942 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Joel Zwick
- Ira Vieth: German financial expert, professional astrologer and author, an active and certified member of ‘Deutscher Astrologenverband/ DAV from1980.
- Bud Acton: American basketball player.
- Charles Acton: American athlete, played pro basketball for one season in 1967.
- Leo Cullum: American soldier pilot and cartoonist (d. 2010).
- George Mira: American football player.
- Clarence Clemons: American saxophonist and actor (E Street Band) (d. 2011).
- Japan conquers Kuala Lumpur, Malaya.
- -23 degrees F (-31 degrees C), Kingston, Rhode Island (state record).
- World War II: Japan declares war on the Netherlands and invades the Netherlands East Indies.
- Sikorsky R-4 first flies, in the United States it will become the first mass-produced helicopter.
- Heinkel test pilot Helmut Schenk becomes the first person to escape from a stricken aircraft with an ejection seat.