Friday 11 November 1921, Veteran's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Greenwood and Maila Nurmi.
Hamlet, directed by Svend Gade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Valley of Silent Men by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1921!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1921 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Ron Greenwood
- Maila Nurmi: Petsamo, Finland -- Actress (Vampira).
- Terrel Bell: American sergeant academic and politician 2nd United States Secretary of Education (d. 1996).
- President Harding dedicates Tomb of Unknown Soldier (Arlington Cemetary)
- The Tomb of the Unknowns is dedicated by US President Warren G. Harding at Arlington National Cemetery.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Uncle Josh Buys a Victrola - Cal Stewart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?