Monday 12 January 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 12, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernardine Dohrn and Michel Mayor.
Joan of Paris, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 January 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 12 January 1942 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- Bernardine Dohrn: American radical activist, member and spokesperson for the Weather Underground, otherwise known as the Weathermen.
- Michel Mayor
- Bernadine Dohrn: Educator.
- Vladimir Sergeyevich: Kozelsky; cosmonaut (Soyuz 24 backup).
- Gérard Asaria: French magazine journalist (Marie-Claire, Paris-Match, Vogue, and so forth) and board director.
- British troops reconquer Sollum.
- Dutch troops on Tarakan surrender.
- National War Labor Board created.
- World War II: President Franklin Roosevelt creates the National War Labor Board.