Tuesday 12 June 1945
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Antony Francis Gell and Terry Anderson.
Story of G.I. Joe, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The White Tower by James Ramsey Ullman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1945 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Alfred Antony Francis Gell: Social anthropologist.
- Terry Anderson: Sydney, NSW -- US rapid fire pistol (Olympics - 1980, 96).
- Alfred Gibert: French jockey, winner of the Cravache d’Or in 1978 (116 wins).
- Pat Jennings: Irish footballer and coach.
- US 7th Marine regiment conquer summit of Kunishi Ridge, Okinawa
- The Yugoslav Army leaves Trieste, leaving the New Zealand Army in control.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell Bottom Trousers - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- The More I See You - Dick Haymes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?