Monday 12 May 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Burdon and Anthony Newman in Los Angeles.
Sunny, directed by Herbert Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1941 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Eric Burdon: Musician.
- Anthony Newman in Los Angeles: California, USA; harpsichordist/organist (Bhajeb).
- Little Jayotis in Washington: USA; R&B singer (Persuasions).
- Ruud de: Wolff; singer/guitarist ("Blue Diamonds").
- Great British convoy marches into Alexandria
- Konrad Zuse presents the Z3, the world's first working programmable, fully automatic computer, in Berlin.
- The first British jet aircraft, the Gloster E.28/39, is flown.
- Joe DiMaggio's 56-game hitting streak begins as the New York Yankee center fielder goes one for four against Chicago White Sox Pitcher Eddie Smith.