Wednesday 13 August 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Ho and Bernard Manning.
Danger Lights, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1930 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Don Ho: Hawaiian entertainer, singer and showman.
- Bernard Manning: British stand-up comic known as being abusive, racist and crude…but hilarious as seen by his immense popularity at clubs all over the UK.
- Heino Jurisalu: Composer.
- Marquess Camden
- Wilmer David Mizell: American baseball player (d. 1999).
- Tom Barrett: American business administrator, industrial relations specialist and CEO of Goodyear Tire Corporation, which lost its No.
- John G. Schmitz: Politician.
- Wilfried Hilker: German footballer and referee.
- Wilmer Mizell: American baseball player and politician (d. 1999).
- Bob Wiesler: American baseball player (d. 2014).
- Robert Monclar: France sport Champion.
- George Soros: Businessman.