Wednesday 13 August 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heino Jurisalu and Marquess Camden.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1930 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Heino Jurisalu: Composer.
- Marquess Camden: .
- Wilmer David Mizell: American baseball player (d. 1999).
- Tom Barrett: American business administrator, industrial relations specialist and CEO of Goodyear Tire Corporation, which lost its No.
- Don Ho: Hawaiian entertainer, singer and showman.
- Bernard Manning: British stand-up comic known as being abusive, racist and crude…but hilarious as seen by his immense popularity at clubs all over the UK. He has, nonetheless, been banned from national television.
- Robert Monclar: France sport Champion
- Wilfried Hilker: German footballer and referee
- Wilmer Mizell: American baseball player and politician (d. 1999)
- Bob Wiesler: American baseball player (d. 2014)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 August 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?