Tuesday 13 January 1920US date format: 1/13/1920, UK date format: 13/1/1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 13, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Miles Dickson and Iris Mountbatten.
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1920 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Miles Dickson: American astrologer, studied at the Church of Light, Los Angeles.
- Iris Mountbatten: English actress and model, a member of the Battenberg/Mountbatten family, and a great granddaughter of Queen Victoria.
- New York Times editorial (falsely) reports rockets can never fly
- The New York Times ridicules the American rocket scientist Robert H. Goddard. The newspaper has to publicly take it all back later on July 17 1969 when the Apollo crew is on its trek to the Moon.ref name=quotastronauticsnow_com-indexquotRobert H. Goddard. The New York Times. astronauticsnow.com/history/goddard/index.html 090118 astronauticsnow.com
- Prohibition begins in the United States with the Eighteenth Amendment to the Constitution coming into effect.
- The World War I Allies demand that the Netherlands extradite the German Kaiser Wilhelm II, who has fled there.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated, is founded on the campus of Howard University in Washington, D.C.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Hymn to the Sun (Coq D' Or) - Mabel Garrison
- When I'm Gone You'll Soon Forget - Peerless Quartet
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
- Sweet and Low - Art Hickman & His Orchestra