Thursday 13 June 1929US date format: 6/13/1929, UK date format: 13/6/1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 13, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anne Frank and Brigid Brophy.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1929 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Brigid Brophy: Novelist.
- Anne Frank: Writer.
- Robert W Scott: American politician, governor of North Carolina (d. 2009).
- E McCarty: American film music historian, author, and bookstore owner.
- Alan Civil: English French horn player (d. 1989).
- Ralph McQuarrie: American illustrator (d. 2012).
- Robert Scott: American farmer and politician 67th Governor of North Carolina (d. 2009).