Wednesday 14 November 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Hirsch and Isabelle Secondi.
The Lost Weekend, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 14 November 1945 ?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Paul Hirsch: American film editor.
- Isabelle Secondi: French dancer.
- Louise Ellman: English academic and politician.
- Brett Lunger: American race car driver.
- Stella Obasanjo: Nigerian wife of Olusegun Obasanjo 11th First Lady of Nigeria (d. 2005).
- Sue Williams: American actress and model (d. 1969)
- Java: Sutan Sjahrir appointed as forming government
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 November 1945
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Peggy Lee - Waitin' for the Train to Come In
- Don't Forget Tonight Tomorrow - Frank Sinatra
- No Can Do - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?