Thursday 15 November 1945US date format: 11/15/1945, UK date format: 15/11/1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 15, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Anni-Frid Lyngstad and Arthur Virgilio Neto.
Brief Encounter, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1945 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Anni-Frid Lyngstad: Norwegian-born Swedish pop and jazz...
- Arthur Virgilio Neto
- Bob Gunton: American actor.
- Roger Donaldson: Australian-New Zealand director producer...
- Frida Lyngstad: Pop Singer.
- Ferdi Tayfur: Turkish singer-songwriter and actor.
- Anni-Frid ''Frida'' Lyngstad: Norwegian born, Swedish singer (ABBA).
- Frank Chapman: American ornithologist photographer and...
- The rules are revised for election of modern players to the Hall of
- Venezuela joins the United Nations.
- Harry S. Truman, Clement Attlee, and Mackenzie King call for a U.N. Atomic Energy Commission.ref name=quotnuclearfiles1940quot/
- Cold War: The United States controversially imports 88 German scientists to help in the production of rocket technology.
- The motion picture ''The Lost Weekend'', starring Ray Milland, is released. The most realistic film portrayal of alcoholism up to that time, it wins several Oscars in the following year.
- Yeshiva College is founded.