Friday 16 November 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Gunton and Frida Lyngstad.
Brief Encounter, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1945 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Frida Lyngstad: Musician.
- Bob Gunton: Actor.
- Martine van: Hamel in Belgium; ballerina (New York City Ballet Co).
- Teenie Hodges: American guitarist and songwriter (Hi Rhythm Section) (d. 2014).
- Lynn Hunt: American historian author and academic.
- Kaarlo Sarkia: Finnish Poet (Kohtalon Vaaka), dies at 43.
- Yeshiva College (University), chartered in New York, first US Jewish College.
- Cold War: Operation Paperclip : the United States Army secretly admits 88 German scientists and engineers to help in the development of rocket technology.
- UNESCO is founded.