Monday 14 October 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 14, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cliff Richard and Peter Stringfellow.
Christmas in July, directed by Preston Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 October 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1940 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Cliff Richard: British pop singer, musician, performer, actor and philanthropist.
- Peter Stringfellow
- Jesse Carlyle Snead: Hot Springs, Virginia -- PGA golfer (1972 Philadelphia Classic).
- Pat Finley in Asheville: North Carolina, USA; actress (Ellen Hartley - Bob Newhart Show).
- Perrie Mans: South African snooker player.
- Christopher Timothy: English actor (All Creatures Great & Small).
- Balham subway station disaster, in London, England, occurs during the Nazi Luftwaffe air raids on Great Britain.