Sunday 15 January 1939US date format: 1/15/1939, UK date format: 15/1/1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 15, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Christopher Steel and Tony Bullimore.
They Made Me a Criminal, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 15 January 1939 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Charles Christopher Steel: Composer.
- Tony Bullimore: English sailor and adventurer.
- Per Ahlmark: Swedish journalist and politician 1st...
- 1st NFL pro bowl, New York Giants beat All Stars 13-10 in Wrigley Field
- Municipal Railway and Market St. RR begin service to Transbay Terminal