Sunday 15 January 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Christopher Steel and Tony Bullimore.
Jesse James, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Wickford Point by John P. Marquand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 January 1939!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 15 January 1939 ?
- Kerala in India - Makaravilakku or Makara Sankranthy at Sabarimala.
- Jallikattu in South India.
- United States - Traditionally, Martin Luther King Day.
- North Korea - Korean Alphabet Day.
- Malawi - John Chilembwe Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Saint Ides, virgin, died January 15, 570.
- Roman Empire - Second day of the Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Wikipedia Day.
- Charles Christopher Steel: Composer.
- Tony Bullimore: English sailor and adventurer.
- Per Ahlmark: Swedish journalist and politician 1st Deputy Prime Minister of Sweden.
- 1st NFL pro bowl, New York Giants beat All Stars 13-10 in Wrigley Field
- Municipal Railway and Market St. RR begin service to Transbay Terminal
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?