Monday 15 July 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 15, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Larry Lamb and Jacqueline de Ribes.
Blackmail, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1929 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Jacqueline de Ribes: Designer.
- Larry Lamb: Newspaper editor.
- Bob Farrington: American champion harness racer and brick mason.
- H Stephenson: American executive and CEO of Bancorp Hawaii, with high earnings growth the company is expanding on the acquistion trail.
- Charles Anthony: American tenor and actor (d. 2012).
- Francis Bebey: Cameroonian-born French musician and novelist (Born 1929).
- Ian Stewart: Scottish racing driver.
- Hugo von Hofmannsthal: Austrian writer (Born 1874).
- 1st airport hotel opens - Oakland, California
- First weekly radio broadcast of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir radio show, Music and the Spoken Word.