Friday 19 July 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sofia Muratova and Jacqueline Dor.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1929 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Sofia Muratova: USSR -- Gymnist (1952-60 Olympics - 6 Gold / 3 Silver / 4 Bronze Medals).
- Jacqueline Dor: French film actress who died in Paris on 20 December 1972.
- Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie: French author and historian concerned with social and economic changes of the 15th to 18th centuries.
- Jean Malléjac: French road bicycle racer, who wore the yellow jersey for five days in 1953.
- Hildegard Linden: France Actor.
- Gaston Glock: Austrian engineer and businessman co-founded Glock Ges.m.b.H.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?