Friday 19 July 1929US date format: 7/19/1929, UK date format: 19/7/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 19, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie and Sofia Muratova.
Blackmail, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1929 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Emmanuel Le Roy Ladurie: French author and historian concerned with social and economic changes of the 15th to 18th centuries.
- Sofia Muratova: USSR -- Gymnist (1952-60 Olympics - 6 Gold / 3 Silver / 4 Bronze Medals).
- Jacqueline Dor: French film actress who died in Paris on 20 December 1972.
- Dick Button: Athlete.
- Hildegard Linden: France Actor.
- Gaston Glock: Austrian engineer and businessman co-founded Glock Ges.
- Jean Malléjac: French road bicycle racer, who wore the yellow jersey for five days in 1953.