Tuesday 2 July 1929US date format: 7/2/1929, UK date format: 2/7/1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Imelda Marcos and John A Cade.
The Wrecker, directed by Géza von Bolváry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1929 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Imelda Marcos: Filipino political wife who was the champion of conspicuous consumers at a time when her people were starving and destitute.
- Gerald Edelman: Scientist.
- John A Cade: American politician.
- Albert Millet: French gangster, murderer.
- Abraham Avigdorov: Israeli soldier (d. 2012).
- Gladys Brockwell: Actress (Oliver Twist), dies at 34.