Tuesday 2 July 1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Imelda Marcos and John A Cade.
I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen, directed by Not specifed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1929 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- Imelda Marcos: Filipino political wife who was the champion of conspicuous consumers at a time when her people were starving and destitute.
- John A Cade: American politician.
- Albert Millet: French gangster, murderer.
- Abraham Avigdorov: Israeli soldier (d. 2012).
- Gladys Brockwell: Actress (Oliver Twist), dies at 34.