Saturday 6 July 1929US date format: 7/6/1929, UK date format: 6/7/1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hélène Carrère d'Encausse and Henri de Gastines.
The Wrecker, directed by Géza von Bolváry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1929 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Hélène Carrère d'Encausse: Permanent secretary of the Académie Française and a historian specialized in Russian history, born to a Georgian father and a Russian mother.
- Henri de Gastines
- Katherine Helmond: Actress.
- Gerd Zacher: Composer.
- Jean Mocky: French film director, actor, screenwriter and producer.
- St. Louis has 2, 10 run innings and beats Phillies 28-6