Saturday 27 July 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Baudrillard and John Rangos.
Blackmail, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1929 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Jean Baudrillard: French sociologist, philosopher, cultural theorist, political commentator, and photographer.
- Jack Higgins [Harry Patterson]: Novelist.
- John Rangos: American executive and CEO in charge of Chambers Development, a giant in the waste and security services industry.
- Harvey Fuqua: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Moonglows and New Birth) (d. 2010).
- Jack Higgins: English author and academic.
- Marc Wilkinson: French-Australian composer and conductor.
- Dike of Wieringermeerpolder finished