Wednesday 24 July 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hedda J Garza and Peter Yates.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1929 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Hedda J Garza: Writer / political activist.
- Peter Yates: Director (Breaking Away, Bullitt).
- Alfred Binns: West Indian cricketer.
- Cornelius Charlton: American military death, he died in Korea and was dubbed by The Saturday Evening Post 'The Hero of Hill 543'.
- John Haley: American banker.
- Pierre Rosenstiel-Heller: Strasbourg physician
- New York to San Francisco footrace ends (2.5 months) winner is 60-year-old Monteverde.
- President Herbert Hoover proclaims Kellogg-Briand Pact which renounces war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?