Wednesday 24 July 1929US date format: 7/24/1929, UK date format: 24/7/1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 24, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cornelius H Charlton and Peter Yates.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1929 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Cornelius H Charlton
- Peter Yates: Director (Breaking Away, Bullitt).
- Cornelius Charlton: American military death, he died in Korea and was dubbed by The Saturday Evening Post 'The Hero of Hill 543'.
- Hedda J Garza: Writer / political activist.
- Pierre Rosenstiel-Heller: Strasbourg physician.
- New York to San Francisco footrace ends (2.5 months) winner is 60-year-old Monteverde.
- President Herbert Hoover proclaims Kellogg-Briand Pact which renounces war.