Wednesday 31 July 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Oriana Fallaci and Lynne Reid Banks.
while Dodsworth by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1929 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Oriana Fallaci: Italian journalist.
- Lynne Reid Banks: British author.
- Don Murray in California: USA; actor (Bus Stop, Advise and Consent, Endless Love).
- Jose Santamaria: Uruguayan footballer.
- Don Murray: American actor, a tall and rangy lead of stage and screen.
- Lynne Banks: English author
- Gilles Carle: Canadian screenwriter and film director (Born 1928)
- José Santamaría: Uruguayan footballer and manager
- Aristide Briand becomes Premier of France
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?