Wednesday 31 July 1929US date format: 7/31/1929, UK date format: 31/7/1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 31, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Murray and Gilles Carle.
Say It with Songs, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 July 1929 ?
- St. John Columbini
- Republic of the Congo - Upswing of the Revolution
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint Ignatius of Loyola (founder of the Jesuits)
- St. Conrode (son of Leo and Kurt / El Gauchito Gil's former wife)
- St. Helen of Skofde
- La Hae Hawai?i - Hawaiian Flag Day
- Don Murray: American actor, a tall and rangy lead of stage and screen.
- Gilles Carle: Canadian screenwriter and film director (Born 1928).
- Marc Gentilini
- Jose Santamaria: Uruguayan footballer.
- Oriana Fallaci: Italian journalist.
- José Santamaría: Uruguayan footballer and manager.
- Lynne Banks: English author.
- Lynne Reid Banks: British author.
- Don Murray in California: USA; actor (Bus Stop, Advise and Consent, Endless Love).
- Aristide Briand becomes Premier of France