Friday 12 July 1929US date format: 7/12/1929, UK date format: 12/7/1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pavle Merku and Margaret Formby.
The Wrecker, directed by Géza von Bolváry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 12 July 1929 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
- Pavle Merku: Composer.
- Margaret Formby: American educator, museum founder, historian.
- Monte Hellman: American director and producer.
- Robert Henri: American painter and educator (d. 1929).