Thursday 18 July 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Medwin and Screamin' Jay Hawkins.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1929 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Michael Medwin: English actor (Four in a Jeep, Scrooge, Checkpoint).
- Screamin' Jay Hawkins: American singer (d. 2000).
- "Screamin Jay" Hawkins in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; rocker ("I Put a Spell on You").
- Dick Button: American ice skating champion, the winner of Gold Medals in 1948 and 1952.
- Enore Boscolo: Italy sport Champion.
- Richard Button: Englewood sports Champions
- Screamin' Hawkins: American singer-songwriter producer and actor (d. 2000)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 July 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?