Thursday 18 July 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Screamin' Jay Hawkins and Dick Button.
Blackmail, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1929 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Screamin' Jay Hawkins: American musician (Born 1929).
- Dick Button: American ice skating champion, the winner of Gold Medals in 1948 and 1952.
- Enore Boscolo: Italy sport Champion.
- Michael Medwin: English actor (Four in a Jeep, Scrooge, Checkpoint).
- Screamin' Hawkins: American singer-songwriter producer and actor (d. 2000).
- Richard Button: Englewood sports Champions.
- "Screamin Jay" Hawkins in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; rocker ("I Put a Spell on You").