Thursday 18 July 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Screamin' Jay Hawkins and Dick Button.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while The Bishop Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 18 July 1929 ?
- Uruguay - Constitution Day
- Screamin' Jay Hawkins: American musician (Born 1929).
- Dick Button: American ice skating champion, the winner of Gold Medals in 1948 and 1952.
- Enore Boscolo: Italy sport Champion.
- Richard Button: Englewood sports Champions.
- Screamin' Hawkins: American singer-songwriter producer and actor (d. 2000).
- "Screamin Jay" Hawkins in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; rocker ("I Put a Spell on You").
- Michael Medwin: English actor (Four in a Jeep, Scrooge, Checkpoint).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?