Wednesday 10 July 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franco Graziosi and Winnie Ewing.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1929 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Franco Graziosi: Italian actor, who appeared in 28 Italian film and TV roles between 1960 and 2013.
- Winnie Ewing: Scottish lawyer and politician.
- George Johnson: American author and screenwriter (d. 2015).
- Moe Norman: Kitchener, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1966 Quebec Open).
- US issues newer, smaller-sized paper currency
- In game between Pittsburgh Pirates and Philadelphia Phillies, 9 home runs are hit, one in each inning.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 July 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?