Wednesday 10 July 1929US date format: 7/10/1929, UK date format: 10/7/1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 10, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hassan II of Morocco and Lee Hazlewood.
The Wrecker, directed by Géza von Bolváry, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 July 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1929 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Lee Hazlewood: Musician.
- Hassan II of Morocco: Royalty.
- Franco Graziosi: Italian actor, who appeared in 28 Italian film and TV roles between 1960 and 2013.
- Winnie Ewing: Scottish lawyer and politician.
- George Johnson: American author and screenwriter (d. 2015).
- Moe Norman: Kitchener, Ontario -- Canadian Tour golfer (1966 Quebec Open).
- US issues newer, smaller-sized paper currency
- In game between Pittsburgh Pirates and Philadelphia Phillies, 9 home runs are hit, one in each inning.