Tuesday 15 July 1930US date format: 7/15/1930, UK date format: 15/7/1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 15, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Derrida and Charles Kelly.
The Silent Enemy, directed by H.P. Carver, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 15 July 1930 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Jacques Derrida: French-Algerian philosopher and educator who taught at the Sorbonne 1960-1964 and at the ENS from 1965.
- Polly Bergen: Actress.
- Charles Kelly: Chief constable (Staffordshire England).
- James Karales: American photographer and photojournalist.
- Richard Garneau: Canadian journalist and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Stephen Smale: American mathematician and computer scientist.