Monday 22 July 1929
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vivien Merchant and Rene Cuillieres.
High Voltage, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while Dodsworth by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1929!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1929 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Vivien Merchant: Manchester, England -- Actress (Under Milk Wood).
- Rene Cuillieres: France sport Champion.
- Michel Roux: France Actor.
- John Barber: English race car driver.
- Leonid Stolovich: Russian-Estonian philosopher and academic (d. 2013).
- Neil Welliver: American painter (d. 2005)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?