Friday 19 June 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Cranston and Harry Lauter.
Stuart Webbs: Das Panzergewölbe, directed by Joe May, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while The Salamander by Owen Johnson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1914 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Alan Cranston: American politician, one of California's most durable liberal Democrats.
- Harry Lauter: White Plains, New York -- Actor (Waterfront).
- Anthony of Sourozh: Swiis-born British religious figure (d. 2003).
- Zelda Schneersohn Miskovsky: Israeli poet.
- Lester Flatt: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Foggy Mountain Boys and Nashville Grass) (d. 1979).
- Morgan Morgan-Giles: English admiral and politician (d. 2013).
- Anthony of Sourozh : Swiss-English bishop and theologian (d. 2003).
- 54th British Golf Open: Harry Vardon shoots a 306 at Prestwick Club
- A radiotelegraphic link is established between Germany and the United States - German Emperor Wilhelm II and U.S. President Woodrow Wilson exchange telegrams to mark the event.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- He's a Devil in His Own Home Town - Eddie Morton
- In the Heart of the City That Has No Heart - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?