Friday 26 June 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John J "John" Beautiful Garden and Richard Maltby.
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1914 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- John J "John" Beautiful Garden: Sculptor.
- Richard Maltby: orchestra leader (Vaughn Monroe Show).
- Antoine Argoud: French Army officer specializing in counter-insurgency during the Algerian War of Independence.
- Lyman Spitzer: American scientist, assigned to undersea warfare studies during WW II.
- Wolfgang Windgassen: German-French operatic tenor who was the leading Wagnerian tenor of the '50s and '60s.
- Kathryn Johnston: American police shooting victim (Born 1914)
- Laurie Lee: English author and poet (d. 1997)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- That's a Real Moving Picture from Life - Manuel Romain
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?