Friday 26 June 1914
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 26, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Windgassen and Antoine Argoud.
The Fatal Mallet, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 June 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 June 1914!
Which were the important events of 26 June 1914 ?
- Saints John and Paul
- The United Nations' Day in Support of Victims of Torture.
- Flag Day in Romania
- Sunthorn Phu Day in Thailand
- Independence Day in Madagascar
- Saint Josemarfa Escriv� (d. 1975)
- Wolfgang Windgassen: German-French operatic tenor who was the leading Wagnerian tenor of the '50s and '60s.
- Antoine Argoud: French Army officer specializing in counter-insurgency during the Algerian War of Independence.
- Lyman Spitzer: American scientist, assigned to undersea warfare studies during WW II.
- John J "John" Beautiful Garden: Sculptor.
- Laurie Lee: English author and poet (d. 1997).
- Richard Maltby: orchestra leader (Vaughn Monroe Show).
- Kathryn Johnston: American police shooting victim (Born 1914).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Celebratin' Day in Tennessee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- You're Here and I'm Here - Harry Macdonough & Olive Kline