Tuesday 15 June 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Addey and Alberto Sordi.
The Mollycoddle, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 June 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1920 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- John Addey: British theorist and researcher, the founder and developer of modern harmonics and author of "Harmonics in Astrology" 1976.
- Alberto Sordi: Italian actor and director (d. 2003).
- Keith Andrews: American racing driver (d. 1957).
- Amy Clampitt: Poet.
- Sam Sniderman: Canadian businessman founded Sam the Record Man (d. 2012).
- Alla Kazanskaya: Russian stage and film actress (d. 2008).
- George Ernest Leslie: Trade union official.
- Michel-Gaston Carraud: Composer, dies at 55.
- De Zweef soccer team forms in Nijverdal
- Duluth lynchings in Minnesota.
- A new border treaty between Germany and Denmark gives northern Schleswig to Denmark.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Irene - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- He Went in Like a Lion and Came out Like a Lamb - Billy Murray
- Hold Me - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Rose of Washington Square - Kentucky Serenaders