Friday 16 May 1930US date format: 5/16/1930, UK date format: 16/5/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Don Conicannon and Jasper Johns.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1930 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Jasper Johns: Artist.
- Don Conicannon: Government minister.
- Betty Carter: American jazz singer (d. 1998).
- Desmond Langley: Governor (Bermuda).
- Daniel Gonzague: French designer and engraver of postage stamps.
- David Maxwell: American executive and CEO in charge of Federal National Mortgage Association.
- Friedrich Gulda: Austrian pianist and composer (d. 2000).
- 6th Walker Cup: US 10-Great Britain/Ireland 2.
- Rafael Leónidas Trujillo is elected president of the Dominican Republic.