Sunday 16 August 1908
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 16, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Keepers Maxwell and Renzo Brunori.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1908 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love, and the World is Mine - Henry Burr
- Peerless Quartet - Come Where My Love Lies Dreaming