Thursday 16 September 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 16, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hannie [Jannetje J] Schaft and Franco Pandolfini.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1920 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Franco Pandolfini: Italy -- Water polo (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Hannie [Jannetje J] Schaft: "Girl with red hair".
- William Soles: American executive and CEO of Jefferson-Pilot, an insurance company.
- Sheila Quinn: Adviser (British Red Cross).
- Art Sansom: American cartoonist (d. 1991).
- Daniel Andersson: Swedish Poet / writer (Polar History), dies at 32.
- Bomb explosion in Wall Street, kills 30
- The Wall Street bombing: a bomb in a horse wagon explodes in front of the J. P. Morgan building in New York City : 38 are killed and 400 injured.