Friday 17 August 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alvaro Pino and Fabio Armiliato.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Thing Of Beauty by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1956 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Alvaro Pino: Spanish cyclist.
- Fabio Armiliato: Italian tenor.
- Gail Berman: American businessman co-founded BermanBraun.
- Álvaro Pino: Spanish cyclist.
- Bundesverfassungsgericht bans KPD in West Germany
- West Germany bans the Communist Party of Germany.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?