Friday 17 August 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alvaro Pino and Fabio Armiliato.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1956 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Alvaro Pino: Spanish cyclist.
- Fabio Armiliato: Italian tenor.
- Gail Berman: American businessman co-founded BermanBraun.
- Álvaro Pino: Spanish cyclist.
- Bundesverfassungsgericht bans KPD in West Germany
- West Germany bans the Communist Party of Germany.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?