Saturday 17 August 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David E Price and David Price.
Young People, directed by Allan Dwan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1940 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- David Price: Politician.
- David E Price: (Rep-D-North Carolina).
- Thomas Williams: United States -- Ice hockey play (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Gabriella Farinon: Italian television announcer, television host and film actress.
- ady Schmit
- Eduardo Mignogna: Argentinian director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Barry Sheerman: English academic and politician.
- Billy Fiske: American aviator (Born 1911).
- FDR and Canadian Prime Minister William M King agree to joint defense commission
- Greece mobilizes
- Hitler orders total blockade of Great-Britain
- US President Franklin Roosevelt and Canadian Prime Minister William King meet at Ogdensburg, New York for a conference on hemispheric defence. They announce a joint defence commission on North American defence.