Tuesday 17 January 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Young (singer and guitarist) and Mitch Vogel in Alhambra.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Helen of Troy, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1956 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Paul Young (singer and guitarist)
- Mitch Vogel in Alhambra: California, USA; actor (Jamie - Bonanza).
- Damian Green: English journalist and politician Minister of State for Immigration.
- Paul Young: rock vocalist/keyboardist ("Every Time You Go Away").
- Blind Alfred Reed: American folk, country, and old-time musician (Born 1880).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?