Tuesday 17 January 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mitch Vogel in Alhambra and Damian Green.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
All That Heaven Allows, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Scrolls From The Dead Sea by Edmund Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Camera Three.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1956 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Mitch Vogel in Alhambra: California, USA; actor (Jamie - Bonanza).
- Damian Green: English journalist and politician Minister of State for Immigration.
- Paul Young: rock vocalist/keyboardist ("Every Time You Go Away").
- Blind Alfred Reed: American folk, country, and old-time musician (Born 1880).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?