Tuesday 17 January 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Toini Gustafson and Archbishop Christodoulos.
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Toini Gustafson: Sweden -- 5K / 10K cross country skier (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Archbishop Christodoulos: of Athens and All Greece (d. 2008).
- Maury Povich: American talk show host.
- Christodoulos of Athens : Greek archbishop (d. 2008).
- Ed Barrow is elected New York Yankees president succeeding deceased J Ruppert.