Tuesday 17 January 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Toini Gustafson and Archbishop Christodoulos.
Gunga Din, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Television Surveys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1939 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Toini Gustafson: Sweden -- 5K / 10K cross country skier (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Archbishop Christodoulos: of Athens and All Greece (d. 2008).
- Maury Povich: American talk show host.
- Christodoulos of Athens : Greek archbishop (d. 2008).
- Ed Barrow is elected New York Yankees president succeeding deceased J Ruppert.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?