Saturday 17 July 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 17, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Juan Antonio Samaranch and Paul Pavel.
The Penalty, directed by Wallace Worsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 July 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1920!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1920 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Juan Antonio Samaranch: Spanish chairman of the International Olympic Committee (d. 2010).
- Paul Pavel
- Rudolf Karpati: Hungary -- Sabres (1956, 60 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kenneth Wolstenholme: English sports commentator (d. 2002).
- Juan Antonio Samaranch: Celebrity.
- Žuži Jelinek: Hungarian-Croatian fashion designer (d. 2016).
- Juan Samaranch: Spanish businessman 7th President of the International Olympic Committee (d. 2010).
- Gordon Gould: American physicist and academic invented the laser (d. 2005).
- Bill Monroe: New Orleans, Louisiana -- Newscaster (NBC-TV, Congressional Report).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Enrico Caruso - Love Me or Not
- Alabama Moon - Hawaiian Trio