Saturday 17 February 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 17, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Pitney and Marilyn Jones.
Charlie Chan in Panama, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1940 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Gene Pitney: American musician, songwriter and pop vocalist known for his plaintive singing style and his big hit "Town Without Pity.
- Marilyn Jones: Australian ballet luminary and Artistic Director of A.I.
- Bill Knott: Gratiot County Writer.
- Count of Rosenborg Ingolf: Danish former prince, who appeared likely to someday become king until the constitution was changed in 1953 to allow females to inherit the crown, placing his branch of the dynasty behind that of his cousin Princess Margrethe and her two younger sisters.
- Vicente Fernandez: World Music Singer.
- Bradman scores 135 in a non-Shield match for South Africa vs. West Australia
- British destroyers board German Altmark off Norway