Saturday 31 May 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 31, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Paycheck in Greenfield and Gil [Walter] Morgan in Haddock.
Man Hunt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1941 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Gil [Walter] Morgan in Haddock: Georgia, USA; PGA golfer (1990 Kemper Open).
- Johnny Paycheck in Greenfield: Ohio, USA; singer ("Take This Job and Shove It").
- Kenneth Cooper in New York City: New York, USA; harpsichordist/professor (Barnard, Brooklyn).
- June Clark: British Professor of Nursing (Middlesex University).
- Louis Ignarro: American pharmacologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- 1st issue of Parade goes on sale
- 41 U-boats sunk this month (325,000 ton)
- German occupiers of Netherlands forbid Jews access to beach and swimming pools.
- British troops vacate Crete.
- A Luftwaffe air raid in Dublin, Ireland claims 38 lives.
- Anglo-Iraqi War: The United Kingdom completes the re-occupation of Iraq and returns 'Abd al-Ilah to power as regent for Faisal II.
- Four thousand Chongqing residents are asphyxiated in a bomb shelter during the Bombing of Chongqing.
- A Serbian ammunition depot explodes at Smederevo on the outskirts of Belgrade, Serbia, killing 2,500, and injuring over 4,500.