Tuesday 20 May 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 20, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Forni and Jean-Pierre Grallet.
Sunny, directed by Herbert Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1941 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Raymond Forni: French Socialist politician, member of the Socialist Party.
- Jean-Pierre Grallet: French Catholic bishop, a Franciscan and archbishop of Strasbourg since 2007.
- Goh Chok: Sole; premier of Singapore (1990-).
- Maria Liberia-Peters: premier of Dutch Antilles (198?-93).
- Nora Ephron: Author.
- Goh Tong: Singaporean politician 2nd Prime Minister of Singapore.
- John Strasberg: American actor.
- Goh Chok Tong: Singaporean Senior Minister.
- James P. Hoffa: Businessman.
- Germany invades Crete
- White Sox Taft Wright sets AL record of RBIs in 13 consecutive games
- Former Dutch Prime Minister Colijn says Netherlands Indies not ready for independence.
- World War II: Battle of Crete : German paratroops invade Crete.