Monday 19 May 1941US date format: 5/19/1941, UK date format: 19/5/1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 19, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nora Ephron and Jane Brody.
Sunny, directed by Herbert Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1941!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1941 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Nora Ephron: American filmmaker, director, producer, screenwriter, novelist, playwright, journalist, author, and blogger.
- Jane Brody: American writer and columnist, a general reporter for two years and science writer for the New York Times for 11 years; author of seven books including "Jane Brody’s Good Food Book.
- Jocelyne Taillon: French singer, a concert and opera soprano, who won 1st prize at the Singing Competition of Monte Carlo in 1966.
- Bobby Burgess: American dancer, child star on Walt Disney's Mouseketeers and as an adult talented dancer on The Lawrence Welk Show.
- Tania Mallet: English model and actress.
- Igor Judge: Baron Judge Maltese-English lawyer and judge Lord Chief Justice of England and Wales.
- Nora Ephron in New York City: New York, USA; novelist/screenwriter/director (Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Michael, Heartburn).
- Marc-Antonio Consoli: Composer.
- Jimmy Hoffa Jr: Son of Jimmy Hoffa / Teamster union leader.
- Miriam Margolyes: Actress.
- Germany occupiers in Holland forbid bicycle taxis
- New Nazi battleship Bismarck leaves Gdynia, Poland
- The Viet Minh is formed in Vietnam to overthrow the French Army in the nation.