Thursday 8 May 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 8, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dana Haynes and Felix Blaska.
Blood and Sand, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1941 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Dana Haynes: American astrologer who began her study at 14 with her mom, who was an astrologer but more skilled in numerology.
- Felix Blaska: Polish-French dancer, choreographer and ballet director.
- James Mitchum: American noted family and actor, the elder son of Robert Mitchum.
- Joachim von Vietinghoff
- John Fred: American singer-songwriter (d. 2005).
- Jim Mitchum in Bridgeport: Connecticut, USA; actor (Blackout, Invincible Six).
- James Traficant: American lawyer and politician (d. 2014).
- James A Traficant Jr American politician (Representative-Democrat-Ohio: 1985-).
- Joachim Vietinghoff: German film producer and noted family, the nephew of artist Egon von Vietinghoff.
- Mahmoud Ahmed: Ethiopian singer (Walias Band).
- Bill Lockyer: American academic and politician 30th Attorney General of California.
- Heinrich Zollner: Composer, dies at 86.
- German Q-ship Pinguin sinks in Indian Ocean
- The German Luftwaffe launch a bombing raid on Nottingham and Derby